[600MRG] CW beacon copied in CA and BC

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 17:21:16 CDT 2014

As has been stated before; " A signal that's not on the air, can't be heard " ..

Good Deal Neil.. ( rhyme not intended ... hi -hi )

Andy - KU4XR

 Subject: [600MRG] CW beacon copied in CA and BC
 To: 600mrg at w7ekb.com
 Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 5:49 PM

 Last night I ran my CW beacon all
 night instead of switching to wspr. I did
 not post about it but this morning I got an email from K6TU,
 Stu, in the
 bay area of California. He copied me at an S3 level.

 Stu said that WG2XSV was the first ham signal he had copied
 on 472+ khz. I
 told him about the wspr band on 630m, so he might be going
 there to find
 some of you guys on wspr now.

 I also mentioned Ralph/7's frequency to Stu so that he might
 catch Ralphs
 CW/PSK signals as well.

 Stu is anxious to get on the band as soon as the FCC
 authorizes it.

 Jack, VA7JX in BC, accidently found my CW also as he was
 trying to
 calibrate his Argo program. He sent me a sound byte of what
 he heard.

 I am not sure if I will be on tonight as a possible TS is
 being predicted.

 Have a good day....
 73, Neil Klagge

 *"I use the original form of social networking: Amateur
 Radio." *
  *(my ham radio sites are at 'w0yse.webs.com <http://w0yse.webs.com>'  and
 'wg2xsv.webs.com <http://wg2xsv.webs.com>' )*