[600MRG] Receiver bandwidth for WSPR

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Fri Mar 21 12:35:30 CDT 2014

I have AGC on because it is fast and seems to make no difference with
WSPR.  The atmospheric noise experiment is running now.  I averaged ~10
spots for each result.  At 400Hz BW I got -20.4dB avg followed by 3100Hz
BW with -20.25dB avg followed by 400Hz BW with -20.0dB.  This shows that
the s/n is virtually the same for both bandwidths in real-world conditions.
My receiver has a 20Hz bandwidth which I will try next, but as it is
only 1/10 of the WSPR band, I predict bogus results unless the software
is really clever.