[600MRG] Receiver bandwidth for WSPR

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Fri Mar 21 08:24:30 CDT 2014

But is WSPR really looking at noise outside the 200Hz WSPR band?  I have
assumed that the software just looks at noise over a small bandwidth
very close to each signal's frequency, then simply converts it to what
it would be at 2500 Hz.  If it averaged the whole 2500Hz I.F. bandwidth
then the 400Hz BW s/n numbers would be about 8dB better since the noise
drops towards zero outside +/- 200Hz.