[600MRG] Kenwood TS-990S first impressions

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Mar 17 11:46:44 CDT 2014

The earlier TS-950SD and SDX had a mod to transmit thru the 12 kHz LC filter
as well as mods to open up the audio. Another mod used the 6 kHz optional AM
filter and internal switches would open the audio to 3100 Hz per SB...I use
this one with a D-104 and impedance matching to the rig and get very
favorable reports. Using the stock MC 80 mike is restrictive but clear and
clean.

Carl