[600MRG] Kenwood TS-990S first impressions

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 08:34:37 CDT 2014

 One further observation on the TS-990S that I forgot to mention:

In AM mode the widest IF filtering settings should pass enough signal to demodulate more than 5 kHz of audio, especially if tuned to one side of the signal, but the audio scope (which can show up to 8 kHz) never seems to show any energy much beyond 5 kHz (nor am I hearing it).  The maximum settings of the audio filter bandwidth at 5 kHz seems to be the limiting factor.  I am hopeful that there is a configuration somewhere to "let it out" more for hi-fi AM reception, or perhaps a firmware change down the road will allow it.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.