[600MRG] HF-MF band planning

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 3 20:48:50 CST 2014

>We should maybe consider a DX calling freq?  Most activity will be limited in range so a clear freq. for DX might be good.

I think the EU's have been heard making CW QSO's on or near 472.5.  I listen to the WebSDR at the University of Twente quite a bit and most EU CW is at the bottom of the band.

As stated earlier, I call higher for the convenience of others.  I don't think most people look down low unless they specifically know someone is going to be there.  Hopefully we will get to a day when we can call CQ without sending an email about being on.

73!

John XIQ