[600MRG] HF-MF band planning

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Mar 3 20:20:20 CST 2014

At 02:18 PM 3/3/2014, WE0H-Mike wrote:
>Make it CW only :-)
>
>Mike-WE0H
>/16

Ah, I disagree with doing that.  If you do that it will stifle what
can be accomplished on 630m and likely not enough will migrate to the
band to defend it from commercial usurpers.  Once ham radio is
authorized we need to populate the band.

However, we that currently occupy the band, have the opportunity to
establish preconditioned band usage.  It may be an advantage to
reserve a CW-only segment so there is less likelihood of cross mode
interference.

We should maybe consider a DX calling freq?  Most activity will be
limited in range so a clear freq. for DX might be good.  I'm not sure
there is enough real estate for reserved freq. for each mode, but
these are good questions for us to consider.  We can provide good
steering for a establishing a formal plan.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: