[600MRG] HF-MF band planning

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Mon Mar 3 13:08:31 CST 2014

the committee:

"When you are discussing band planning for digital modes on HF do not forget
to include MF.  In due course we will get our MF band (472-479 kHz).  At
present we have a number of amateurs operating on that band with
experimental licenses.  This operation has been in progress since 2006 and
it's clear that the digital modes will be by far the dominant mode on that
band.  Almost every night there are transmissions in multiple different
digital modes exploring the possibilities of the band.  Because the band is
so narrow (only 7 kHz) careful band planning is essential.

Even though the FCC has been slow to act, in due course they will, so it is
essential that you include the 630m band in your planning.

73, Rudy Severns, N6LF, WD2XSH/20"