[600MRG] Radiation Resistance Question from XSV

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 14:48:14 CST 2014

I have a question about Radiation Resistance:

If I were to add a loading coil, say about half way up the vertical section
of my top loaded 630m antenna, would the Rr remain the same, even tho' the
base loading coil would need less inductance?

I know that the current in lower half of the vertical section would
increase, and I assume the overall total RF current would also increase,
but I am thinking that the loading coils would simply share the total
inductance needed to resonate the antenna without really changing the Rr.

If that is so, then I will still be able to calculate my ERP as I have been
doing up to this point.

Thanks for any input on this question.

Neil Klagge, wg2xsv

*"I use the original form of social networking: Amateur Radio." *
 *(my ham radio sites are at 'w0yse.webs.com <http://w0yse.webs.com>'  and
'wg2xsv.webs.com <http://wg2xsv.webs.com>' )*