[600MRG] Field Day Beacons - NTX redux

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 29 13:33:25 CDT 2014

Just getting in from my field day operation, even before getting a shower after not having one for more than 24 hours, I wanted to say thanks to all who reported the beacons this weekend.  I had quite a few reports from individuals that may be very quiet list members.  So far, most of the reports after from around the state, with the furthest being about 275 miles away and the closest being 10-15 miles away (excluding my receiver at my FD site 2 miles away from home).  I will dissect this further in the coming days.

My field day message will continue to run for a few more hours.  If you do receive the beacon, do consider sending the NTS traffic to the ARRL HQ address listed in the message text and let them know which signals you heard.  If you don't know how to do that, I will be happy to do it on your behalf.

73 and thanks again!  back to WSPR tonight...

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ

PS:  Yes, FD was outstanding this year...