[600MRG] SAQ in CT

Graham planophore at aei.ca
Sun Jun 29 09:51:43 CDT 2014

good day all,

Good show Jay.

I was all set up and waiting and did manage hear some "tantalizing
whispers" but never strong enough or long enough to get much if any
copy. I did monitor via the web sdr in Twente so I knew when they were
on and not.  I couldn't compare to last December as I missed that one.
We are both approximately the same distance from Grimeton though you
being a bit further south have a bit more direct over water path than I.

My receive set up for VLF is not bad and I usually copy the European VLF
stations quite well but now that the summer season is fully entrenched
even those stations are difficult with my setup and local EMI / RFI
field. At the moment is particularly bad as due to the recent hot and
muggy weather all the neighbours air conditioners and swimming pool
pumps (etc) are all running. Some additional tuning is in order.

7 meter amplified whip antenna
EMU PRE USB sound device at 192 KHz (I don't want to call it a sound
card as it really isn't)
Spectrum lab
and SAQrx v0.93

cheers, Graham