[600MRG] Last night...and today

Laurence KL7 L hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 13:12:23 CDT 2014

Congrats on staying smoke free Larry!

I didnt have such a great night here on WSPR as my timing slipped - Im running the Ultimate 2  as the drive source and the GPS cable snakes some 20ft across the room and the flate plate antennae is inside the window, so not good. Guess a glitch hit it sometime (proably the GPS data cable acting as a good antennae) but the TX hardware ran cold and tuning was flat even though its started dry and ended up with a deluge. I maintained 200W output thru the night

I did get decodes from VE7BDQ and /20, thanks chaps, but no decodes here last night so think not too good up this end of the playing field

Ive built but not powered up an Ultimate 3 with an improved GPS rx which Ill add to my external GPS antennae field when I get to it. Its also got a closer tolerance on the WSPR tones I think in the later rev

Today -

Im running the CW beacon message thru the day here and sitting in my office  in the city with the PL600 on the window ledge @ 35 miles and the signal is 30dB over noise in 2.5kHz and merrily repeating every 2 mins. on 475.060 - Any reports from my fellow Alaskans' appreciated

Laurence KL7L