[600MRG] 630m at Hamcom 2014

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 14 16:08:24 CDT 2014

Good afternoon, Gents...

Just a report from Hamcom 2014 here in North Texas.  I had good sized crowds for all three talks this weekend.  There were many good programs so I had lots of competition for viewer's time.  I am thankful that so many chose to listen to me.

I gave the survey presentation which was 630m from my perspective on Friday morning.  The new material on microantennas for the average ham with very small antenna farms was presented both Friday and Saturday and the target audience was in attendance both times.  Both talks did get video taped by K5JS, an emissary sent by NR5O/WH2XAR, and I have his contact info so I hope to get a copy very soon and post it somewhere.

There are a LOT of people interested in 630m.  Even a few of the traditional 160m guys seem to be starting to crack a bit so that's a good thing.  It would not surprise me if, in addition to the group of stations that recently applied for new grants, we got a few more.  In fact, upon return to my home, I have 4 emails from people I spoke to this weekend that are interested in information.  That's exciting!

It appears that the recent block of call sign assignments are coming in 1 or 2 days rather than weeks and one can presume that grants will follow similar suit.  I guess we will find out.

73 and I plan to be back on WSPR tonight.  If its quiet enough, maybe a QSO squeaks out at some point.

73!

John KB5NJD/WG2XIQ