[600MRG] question abt MFJ259b mod

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 18:21:53 CDT 2014

I got an MFJ 259B not too long ago and modified it for LMF (630 meters). I
have tried several different amounts of extra inductance (inserted into the
traditional spot on the PCB) but all of them have given me false frequency
readings in some parts of the range, i.e. the freq reading is exactly twice
the actual oscillator frequency.

My question is: Has anyone else modified the 259b (not the 269) and
experienced anything like this???

If you did the mod on a 259 or 259b and it worked just fine, I would also
like to know about that.

Thanks for any/all reports about this.
Neil Klagge
wg2xsv, w0yse

*"I use the original form of social networking: Amateur Radio." *
 *(my ham radio sites are at 'w0yse.webs.com <http://w0yse.webs.com>'  and
'wg2xsv.webs.com <http://wg2xsv.webs.com>' )*