[600MRG] Radio Amateur’s Sub-9 kHz VLF Signal Detected Across the Atlantic [W4DEX - WD2XSH/10]

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sat Jun 7 10:31:39 CDT 2014

Ah, Dex is a well known mw'er, and I understand
making loaner rigs and being lonely at the
mw's.  Above 1296 is thus in the "land of the
midnight sun"!  I plan to build a 3400-MHz
transverter later in the summer and have a mate
to build as a loaner (same goes for 10 & 24-GHz). EME is planned for 3400.

Summer lawn mowing season arrived last week (June
2) so I will be rolling up my chicken-wire
radials for the summer - so transmitting until
sometime in Sept.  I have to repair my MFJ
analyzer to check/adjust tuning taps on the
inverted-L (maybe I will find time to add 160m tap this fall?).

I have been busy in my "kits made by KL7UW"
business and repairing my 16-foot dish back-frame
structure and replacing the bias and control
panel for my 2m-eme 8877 amp.  Newest addition is
a Hakko FX-951 solder station making sm work so much easier.

Amazing that one can even make equipment work at
those low frequencies.  I would think noise reduction a bear.

73, Ed - KL7UW, /45