[600MRG] Any Canadians heard on the band?

w1tag at charter.net w1tag at charter.net
Tue Jun 3 09:13:53 CDT 2014

Steve,

Just FYI for those who may be curious: Unless there has been a recent
change, Canada has not traditionally permitted 2-way contact between
their Amateur stations and U.S. Experimental service stations. The issue
came up some time ago regarding 2200 meter operation.

There certainly have been 2-way contacts on 600 and 2200 meters between
U.S. Experimental and EU Amateur stations. The U.S. end is covered by
language in some of the Experimental licenses authorizing contact with
Amateur stations. But at the EU end, we assume that either permission
has been obtained from the appropriate national regulatory body, or that
the Amateur operator has decided to "wing it" and ask for forgiveness if
called upon the carpet.

If anyone has an update on the Canadian regulatory stance, please speak
up!

John, W1TAG