[600MRG] My transmitting antenna is up

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 19:38:53 CDT 2014

This weekend I put up my transmitting antenna for 475 kHz.  It is a random wire L - it goes up vertically about 40 feet and then horizontally about 100 feet.

My 50 watt marine CW transmitter is meant to feed a relatively short wire antenna so it should be reasonably happy with this setup on 475.  And it will be a great all-purpose antenna for 160 and HF I'm sure.

Ground for the rig is my station ground which is all my various grounds bonded together: several ground rods alongside the house, power ground, water pipes, HVAC ductwork, etc.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/