[600MRG] WSQ2 Comments

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 15:41:49 CDT 2014

Hi all:

I have used WSQ2 on 160 meters a few times, and, yes, it is slow, but effective..
I also found out that Wolfgang compiled another variant of WSQ2 that uses
dual decoders if you wish, and his decoder is slightly more sensitive than the
original ZL2AFP version.. It also allows you to choose the sound card that you
want to use, I definitely like it better..

On the SNr stuff.. The program does have a " near real time " SNr meter on the
left side of the window.. Watch it bobble up and down, and see where the signal
peaks at.. This is what I use to send an SNr report to the other station..

The main thing about all this stuff is; You'll use what you like, and what you don't
like, you probably won't use.. IF... I ever make it onto 630 meters, I will beyond
any doubt, be a digital ( software driven ) operator.. That is My preference, and
everyone else will have theirs..

73 to all, and enjoy the band:

Andy - KU4XR