[600MRG] outstanding night

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 20 07:27:13 CDT 2014

Saturday night / sunday morning was outstanding.  The band sounded quite good in spite of the usual cavalcade of storms in NM / Southern CO - how does anyone ever operate there?

in summary, WH2XGP made it into my RX log for the first time last night with 2 spots.  That path has been eluding use this summer due to the nightly storms in the west.  Next will be a 2X QSO as conditions improve. Also great to see Rudy /20 back.  The PNW was well represented and also included VA7JX and VE7BDQ...

other spots included XJM and XXM at their always great levels.  Last night may have been one of those 50-station nights on MF, which is fairly common in winter, but not July.  This much activity on WSPR alone is just unprecedented.. that is great to see!

I fell asleep early after a long day and now wish I had not...next time...

73!

John XIQ