[600MRG] Friday night / saturday morning

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 19 13:05:15 CDT 2014

Here in NTX the band had a weird quality to it during the evening on friday.  Noise levels were acceptable but condx were just nothing to write home about.  There were plenty of listeners and plenty of CW QSO quality reports over the long haul with stations in the NE primarily but the band never got the usual spark as it had earlier in the week.  A check at 0700z and 1000z did not yield much change.  XKA indicated that I was in only once while I had been in all night in previous sessions.  XXM was reading higher than usual S/N values, some of which were actually outside of the normal CW QSO quality that we pretty much always have over the 200 mile path.

Fewer storms were showing activity on Blitzortung than in previous sessions.

So I guess since we have been living on borrowed time recently with all the great condx, I suppose we have to throw a few flat nights in the mix.

73 and thanks for all who continue to report.  QRV tonight near 0200z.

John XIQ