[600MRG] New band, XSH expiration

Frederick Raab fraab at gmrr.biz
Sun Jul 13 12:42:43 CDT 2014

July 13, 2014

Gentlemen:

     The FCC has said it will address the ARRL petition
for the 630-meter ham band.  This will happen either in
connection with the currently pending NOI on 137 kHz or
afterward.  The trouble is, they haven't said when and
there is no way to hurry them.

     If a new ham band is approved before the expiration
of the XSH license next summer, the XSH license will have
served its purpose and we will most likely let it lapse.
If a new ham band has not been approved, I will check
with the operators and see who is interested in
continueing.  If there is interest, I will see if I
will ask the ARRL to renew.  But most likely the
authorization near 500 kHz will not be renewed as that
band is now supposedly reserved for a new maritime-data
service.

73, Fritz, W1FR,
Coordinator, ARRL 500-kHz Experiment

Frederick H. (Fritz) Raab, Ph.D.
GREEN MOUNTAIN RADIO RESEARCH COMPANY
77 Vermont Avenue, Fort Ethan Allen
Colchester, Vermont 05446  USA
Tel./Fax.:  +1 (802) 655-9670  Home:  +1 (802) 862-0997
E-mail:  f.raab at ieee.org
Alt:  w1fr at arrl.net
Web:  www.gmrr.biz