[600MRG] ON4KST logger "The kHz" up and running

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 11 13:24:47 CDT 2014

Alain, ON4KST, has set up a near real time logger for MF and LF at http://www.on4kst.org/chat/login.php?band=j .  If you are a current user of the lowband logger, your login is the same, just select the appropriate logger.  If you have not ever used the system, you will have to register to use it and reply to the email confirmation.  That can also be done by going to the above link and selecting the appropriate register link.  The telnet access is not currently active and Alain has indicated he won't turn that on until he is sure it will be used.

There are a number of loggers available so make sure you are on the correct one.  I noticed that on my first login with my XIQ callsign, I was in a VHF/UHF site and had to select menu and the appropriate site.  This may or may not be an issue.  The menu >> settings button will allow you to configure your preferences.  You can also move windows around.  Those window positions can be saved under the  menu button.

Operational announcements and post op redux will still be posted on 600mrg but this gives us a little more flexibility while making QSO's that we have previously had to do using direct emails.

Thanks to all who sent Alain an email expressing interest.  This tool should be a good one for those of us who are active on the band.

73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ