[600MRG] WH2XGP update

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Tue Jul 8 08:34:33 CDT 2014

John,

 From out here in left field, things look a lot different.

For instance, at 0400z the sun is just at the horizon and there is very
little chance of hearing much from the east for about an hour when the
"sunset flash" is currently happening. Now at 0500z most of the country
has gone to bed so if they haven't left their WSPR station on, I'm out
of luck.

Friday nite wasn't too bad as I recall but last night was a bit slim
here. I did log your signal John, and VE7BDQ but that was all that made
it through my noise. My only reception reports were from the usual
western guys and KL7L.

My plan is to keep the station running WSPR 24/7/365 except for those
periods when I need to work on it or need it for CW/JT9 activity. It
doesn't make any sense at all to me to do it any differently!

Speaking of activity, where are all these new grant people? Are they off
in the weeds messing with obscure modes or micro power CW or are they
even on the air at all? It boogles my mind to see folks going through
the effort of applying and paying for the license grant and then not
getting on the air.

Maybe there is another venue that I am not aware of where announcements
of activity are being made?

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP