[600MRG] WH2XGP update

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 7 18:14:32 CDT 2014

Thanks for the reports and for keeping your stuff running Larry.

<Seems like there was little activity over the holiday weekend.

from my perspective, there was quite a bit of activity this past weekend but perhaps that's the benefit of living in the middle of the country.  Seemed like Friday night had a huge number of  stations on WSPR in NA.. This coincided with good CW activity between here in NTX and WPA.  Saturday was noisier and while XJM got his reports from me, I was not hearing him consistently enough.  My RX antennas are down at the moment as I am doing a rework with them so it was a deficiency on my end and noise level was up.  Surprisingly, the vertical has been nice to listen to even now, so long as there are no local storms causing static spikes...a stable, however elevated, noise level has just not been a real problem thus far here.  If there was a night that was a bust of the 3, last night was it.  Still pretty good but a wider distribution of noise makers around the country...It kinda looks like it might be like that tonight too, but we will have to see what
 happens after dark I suppose.

If things shape up and I can stay awake, I will call CQ in CW at 474.5 around 0400z tonight for a bit and see what shakes out.  will have to see what WSPR suggests about conditions earlier in the evening.  I think we have gained 15 seconds of darkness since the solstice... small gains are better than none...HI

73,

John XIQ