[600MRG] True Confessions....

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 11:55:55 CST 2014

Gang:

I have a confession to make.

Prior to adding
the
60 ft top wire to my 630m vertical, I had verified that my INSIDE  antenna
current measurements were matching my OUTSIDE measurements  (at the base of
the vertical, above the variometer).  When I added the top loading wire I
assumed the inside RF current measurement were still matching the outside
(actual) antenna current.

This morning I decided to take the RF ammeter back outside to re-verify
that fact but, to my surprise, it was about 1.46 times as much current as I
thought.

Thus, since last Tuesday, when I added that top load wire, my power has NOT
been 100mW ERP, but rather about 200mW ERP. Thus all my 100mW reports were
incorrect.
 So, I guess that I have increased my power by 6 dB, rather than the 3 dB
I was thinking earlier.

Ok, now I feel better. Thank you for your time.

73, Neil Klagge, wg2xsv
DN41ac

--
*"I use the original form of social networking, Amateur Radio." *
              *(my ham radio site is at 'w0yse.webs.com