[600MRG] New K3 firmware with 10 and 18 MHz XVTR IF selections

Eric NO3M no3m at no3m.net
Sun Jan 26 21:03:50 CST 2014

There seem to be some peculiarities with using a transverter IF vs.
CONFIG:KXV3=TEST.

One thing I've noticed is that when operating dual RX (not diversity),
the main and sub-RX both use the antenna attached to the XVTR IN port
when setup as a transverter band.  In CONFIG:KXV3=TEST mode, running
dual RX routes XVTR IN to the main receiver, and the RX2 port (I have it
setup as AUX BNC) to the sub-RX.  Not sure if this is intended behavior
or not?

In diversity mode, either as a transverter band or CONFIG:KXV3=TEST, the
antenna routing is consistent with what would be expected, XVTR IN going
to the main RX and AUX RF (ie. BNC) going to sub-RX.

In CONFIG:KXV3=TEST mode, the KBPF3 is used on either receiver if it is
installed and enabled and the IF is outside of the ham-band BPF preset
edges.  However, in transverter mode, the KBPF3 is not used in the main
RX, but appears to be engaged with the sub-RX?  If in transverter mode
and running dual RX or diversity, is it possible to force the use of the
IF band BPF instead of the KBPF3 in the sub-RX, so as to be consistent
with the way the main RX filtering is handled?

In general, things are working in transverter mode (10 MHz IF), just
some things per aboev that I wasn't expecting from having used
CONFIG:KXV3=TEST over the last year or so.

73 Eric NO3M / WG2XJM