[600MRG] Dipole vs Marconi - T screen capture

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 21:30:44 CST 2014

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49203948/Dipole%20vs%20Marconi.bmp

>From the left side, to the right side:

This is a 2 hour capture.. from 20:10 to 21:10 , I was using the antenna in the
Dipole configuration with sloping legs.. At 21:10 to 22:10 , I configured it as a
Marconi - T with sloping legs.. It is easy to visually see the difference in signal
strength on the waterfall.. In the Marconi configuration XXM went way down, and
XKA just disappeared.. At 22:10 local time, I put it back in the Dipole configuration
with the short leg of the Windom Inductively loaded.. Immediately, XXM went clearly
audible, but as of this writing, XKA has not come back.. possibly a deep fade right
at that time period.. Assuming is not always the best thing to do, However; I will
assume that what the antenna does on receive, it is a good probability that it will
act in the same manner on transmit... This may not be correct, it is only my
assumption... Thoughts, and comments on the matter will be appreciated, and
gleaned for future reference..

73:

Andy - KU4XR