[600MRG] WG2XIQ U3 Experiment - loading a 102" pipe on 630m

Laurence KL7 L hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:33:41 CST 2014

Hi Dick Im using a loop here - but maybe you meant a small one :-)

Http://kl7l.com/AK600Loop.jpg

And coupler

Http://kl7l.com/coupler.jpg. (Nearly looks like this previous model from OKie Ops)

At 600m the loop is nearly resonant and doesn't need much C - prob 100pf and then just an auto transformer to resonate to circa 50 ohms

The loop pattern in the far field is

Http://kl7l.com/PatternXPQ.jpg.

It works pretty well

Laurence WE2XPQ