[600MRG] Round two: U3 experiment

Eric NO3M no3m at no3m.net
Sat Jan 18 18:37:51 CST 2014

You may have to experiment with the length, depending on your ground
conditions.  At a certain point, the pattern will reverse.  At 2300 ft
here, it seems evident the pattern hasn't reversed yet, but could happen
at a shorter length at a different location.

The phasing system that will be used was setup for a pair of broadside
K9AY loops tested a few nights ago.  Feedlines to each feedpoint are 720
and 718 ft, trimmed so the electrical lengths were the same.  The
combiner is a Magic-T (0 deg hybrid).  No preamp is being used with the
single BOG, plenty of signal (also the case when at 1400 ft).

73 Eric XJM