[600MRG] Running ground wave test right now on 74.3213...

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Tue Jan 7 12:28:34 CST 2014

Bob,

I don't need to be an engineer to note the ground conductivity shift
on my antennas when ground freezes.  I have two taps on my base coil
for each frequency: summer/winter.  It takes about two turns less
inductance in winter.

In Anchorage 550, 650, 700, 750 KHz.  Local station is 920.  There
are some up higher at 1020, 1080, 1110, and 1140.  That is all I
could find with my BC deaf KX3 on the 80m invert-V.  KX3 tuner
rejects BC band to improve 160m reception.  new firmware to come out
that improves MW reception.

I don't regularly listen to AM.  FM is well populated up here.  As a
boy living in MI I used to listen late at night to Chicago, New
Orleans and Denver on an old tube-type radio. Those were generally
winter nights!

73, Ed