[600MRG] Navtex etc

Joe K I 5 F J jen1joeo at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 14:50:36 CST 2014

Larry & group,
In the fall of 2012 I used YanD software
to decode (AMTOR) Nav-Tex here in
land-locked New Mexico. 518 kHz
Using my 160-M horizontal Loop up 35 Ft, I was
able to decode East & West Coast
USCG transmissions. The limiting factor,
other than propagation was East / West coast
data collisions. My log indicates:
ID Area 4
NMA Miami, NME Charleston, NMG New Orleans,
XMJ Prescott, NMN Portsmouth, XLJ Thunder Bay,
NMR San Juan, VAR Fundy.
ID Area 12
NMC San Fran, VAJ Prince Rupert, XLK Tofino,
NOJ Kodiak, NMO Honolulu, NMQ Cambria,
NMW Astoria, NOJ Kodiak
73
Joe O, K I 5 F J