[600MRG] 630m ground-wave testing - we need more than anecdotal comments

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Jan 6 11:57:06 CST 2014

 I would think that the basic groundwave propagation of LF and MF would have been well-documented in the past.  That's why I mentioned GWEN and maritime experience.  Add to that the data for the low-end of the broadcast band, and one should know what to expect.

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/am-broadcast-groundwave-field-strength-graphs-sections-73183-and-73184

The issue for amateurs is the limited antennas and low transmitter power, especially for emergency portable setups.  Perhaps the reports gathered for the present experimental stations can provide some data.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.