[600MRG] 630 Condx

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 6 11:25:54 CST 2014

Hey Ken,

Congrats and great job!  you need to send some of that good luck down this way.

I woke up this morning and the system was basically in fault mode...In fact there were multiple points of failure.  We had out coldest night in years last night with a low of 10.  I presume this had a major impact on impedance because the HV arced in the ATU and burned the teflon insulation, polytube insulator and feeder... It took a while to find because I was chasing the other  problem - the rotator that turns the vario seems to have frozen up.  I unmounted in and brought it in and warmed it and checked it out and it was ok so its been remounted and seems to be working..

I'm ready to go have my panic attack now :-)  anyway, it all seems to be working again but I think I am going to cut the power way back at night until i get a handle on the impact of what the cold has on this system...we will be in the 60's and getting rain on wednesday so probably only tonight...

73 and again great job up there!

john XIQ