[600MRG] New digital station converter/GPSDO testing - JT9 and GMSK starting at 0230z

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 26 20:08:00 CST 2014

Good evening.

I am breaking in a new MF Solutions transmit downconverter board with the 10 Mhz option after procuring a GPSDO for my digital station.  Thanks to both XJM and XKA for help in getting setup and for providing the hardware to make it happen.  Also thanks to the guys in OK (XXM, KF5JIA, and W5COV) for listening for the better part of the day as I watch the frequency settle in and determine just how far off freq the oscillator in the driver rig actually is.  Much appreciated.

At 0230z, I am planning on doing a little JT9 on 474.2 dial freq, about 1200 Hz carrier.  I may try some GMSK 15.625 after a few rounds of JT9, also around 1200 Hz with 474.2 dial freq.  Its a little noisy tonight so likely no CW CQing after that unless the usual suspects are particularly loud.

WSPR2 for the balance of the night after that.

Reports and QSO's are appreciated!

73,

John WG2XIQ/KB5NJD