[600MRG] Super Chocker

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Feb 21 21:22:28 CST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
To: Carl
Cc: 600 meter group
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: [600MRG] Super Chocker

Wonderful Carl.

I had forgotten the type and Mike - you met him and discussed his antenna at
NearFest in NH several years ago before he passed on - had  gone through the
list.

Which is the material that will produce the most inductance, handle the most
power safely at 400 to 500 kc/s?

Is it the 31 mix you mentioned?

** "The 31 mix is the "in thing" these days on 80M and lower and its part is
2631803802".
One core will handle 1500W, additional ones are to increasce choking
reactance; 5000 Ohms is a good target to shoot for but less is fine if it
does the job.

You mention RG-58, 8X, 42 and 400, are they all cables?

The 400 must be LMR-400 but what is the 42 cable you mention?

** They are all standard RG cables, 42B and 400 are Teflon which often shows
up cheap as cell phone and other surplus. The coax specs charts will  tell
you power and voltages but the Teflon will handle several KW.

Carl
KM1H

Thanks for sending the info.

DR