[600MRG] whirlwind night!

jrusgrove at comcast.net jrusgrove at comcast.net
Sat Feb 15 06:20:04 CST 2014

John, Ken

My bad last night. It's been a couple years since I've used JT9 and my fuzzy
memory seems to recall the program did not react well to callsigns with /x
appended at the end ... at least the older version that I'm running. Removed
the /x and was able to work Eric without a hitch (almost). Will look for you
guys tonight if you're around. Good activity level!

I agree with other comments that JT9 may be the best software for weak
signal 'canned' minimal QSOs ... although it does offer 'freestyle' text as
well with limited number of characters. It just works well with a minimum of
'fuss' - as is typical with K1JT software.

 Any number of programs can be used for 'chat' ... all with their own +s
and -s ... suspect there may not be one clear winner.

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2  WG2XRS/2