[600MRG] Tree-Tenna Isolation Transformer

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 18:02:36 CST 2014

Greetings all:
This little chunk of powdered iron made my Tree-Tenna come to life last night,
And.. tonite..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49203948/Tree-Tenna%20Isolation%20Transformer.bmp

I connected it here in the shack, and the fuzzy noise just went away.. I heard LWBC loud,
and clear last night.. I tried it on 2200 meters on WSPR-15 and could see traces of Stefans
signal in the waterfall, but could not decode for the time I stayed.. The Tree-Tenna does
require series Inductance to peak reception, but that toroid made any amazing difference
in Signal to Noise ratio.. On with the experiment.. 73 to all:

Andy - KU4XR