[600MRG] ARRL books

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 2 14:16:37 CST 2014

Hi Fritz,

I own "LF Today", which was my first purchased text on the topic.  The book is pretty good but there are many editing errors and its my understanding that some of the schematics have errors in them as well.  It was a pretty good overview but in reference to recent discussions on MF propagation, there was not a lot of depth in my opinion.  I think it runs $24 but I used a $10 off birthday coupon and would say it was definitely worth $14 + shipping.  Most of the content is what you find online if you dig a bit but still a worthwhile investment from my standpoint.  Note that I purchased my copy shortly after the allocation was made in Feb 2012 so all of the info was pretty new to me.  I suspect a seasoned 500 khz op might see it as too shallow but for the unintiated, as I was at the time, it was good.

73!

John XIQ