[600MRG] Distance from powerline question

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 09:11:56 CST 2014

Hi Steve,

All of that is right on the money. I have identified and corrected some
of those same things here in my own home. I would have assumed (shame on
me) that *everybody* knows about all of that by now. But as a matter of
fact, on one of the lists recently one fellow told us he has no
neighbors (oh really) and that it couldn't possibly be in his own home
because he doesn't change anything but the noise comes and goes. At the
time I couldn't think of a polite way to challenge either of his
statements and they both were way off the mark. Some days I swear I am
turning into Jeff Dunham's puppet, Walter!

Still, we are subjected to a lot of "schtough" that we can't so easily
eliminate. And it promises to get worse. Most of my stuff arrives with
the weekenders and tourists - Lord bless their pea-pickin' hearts. My
own livelihood does not rely directly on the cash they leave here when
they go home but the wellbeing of my 'community' *does*. Sometimes the
guy in the collision repair shop uses an electric welder and some of
those times I can hear it on the radios (not even every time). He takes
the biggest chunks of spectrum but he doesn't use that welder every day
and when he does it's more like mid morning. I'm on mornings at oh dark
thirty and evenings or sometimes late night. So I don't have it as bad
here as some of our friends.

This thread has spilled over into a couple of other lists but I haven't
posted to it in those worlds. It seems a lot of hams are getting more
interested all the time. Who else is willing to do some "brainstorming"?
Assuming there is a brain or two among us actually capable of storms
<evil grin>.

73,

Bill  KU8H