[600MRG] Distance from powerline question - Answered

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 21:39:52 CST 2014

Gentlemen :

Thank you for all the replies.. All the answers given were good.. Rudy gave the answer
that I was actually looking for, and my answer is more dismal than I had hoped for..
I am surrounded by power lines on 3 sides of my property, and all within 75 feet at the
closest to my shack, out to 200 feet at the far back of my property.. There is no place
to get out of the near field of the powerlines, so I take what I have, and make it work
as good as it can in present conditions..

The next antenna experiment will be an Active Loop, and Mini-Whip behind my home..
I can get away from the powerlines in that direction, and have several hundred feet
of open space.. with the exception of various trees, and a small forrest next to me..

73 to all, and I appreciate your time, and advise..

Andy - KU4XR