[600MRG] Distance from powerline question

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Mon Dec 8 22:38:10 CST 2014

Has anyone considered the approach of a receiver in a quiet place securely
accessible from the internet? (Banyan-style access list + password required)
It might make QSOs easier for high-noise environments.

It would take someone younger than me to insure that the internet-connected
computer would not be "hackable" for someone to use as a relay to rob banks.
(A MicroVAX or other non-PC boat-anchor computer would stop the
script-kiddies).

Probably more than one receiver would be necessary, but there are ham
"remote stations" on the ham bands and we are not looking for DXCC
Just an idea,
Pat /6