[600MRG] Distance from powerline question

Doc - KØHTF k0htf at netins.net
Mon Dec 8 14:07:10 CST 2014

Good afternoon.

I am experiencing the same quandary. We live in Algona, Iowa and most of the
power lines are buried - except across the street from our house and across
the street and even with our back lot line. It is a 23.8 Kv. line.

It is a municipal utility. One of the maintenance men told me that they
prefer that the neutral is not water pipe grounded at each service. I out
down 3 - 8" ground rods tied together with # 4 copper and have tried various
grounding combinations. Over much of the spectrum the noise level is about
S-9.

So your answers to Andy will sure be welcome here too!

TX es 73,

Doc.