[600MRG] VOACAP

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Dec 6 17:51:15 CST 2014

+On 6 Dec 2014 at 10:55, Rudy Severns wrote:

> What Ken is up to with VOACAP is very interesting.

Well, what I am using is not, strictly speaking, VOACAP. My understanding is
that it was built FROM VOACAP, but in point of fact, its name is ITSHFBC,
and a fellow by the name of Greg Hand had something, possibly a lot, to do
with its development, and with the development of the supporting software
apps..

I have been in contact with him previously on some matters different than
what we have been discussing here about it, and will ask him about its use
below 2 MHz.

Perhaps, after all, I am all wet concerning its usefulness to us. There have
been a couple of questions asked about it, for answers to which I am
completely ignorant, and some other exchanges concering it which I find
extremely interesting.

But, we'll see.

In any case, thank you for the grid squares, QTHs and calls. I'll build what I
suspect will be an appropriate data base of point-to-point connections and
then we will see how it turns out.

>From my previous experiences with it at HF, I suspect we will find it useful,
but certainly not 100% accurate either.

I'll keep you all informed of progress...or lack of it.

Ken W7EKB