[600MRG] Propagation predictions.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Dec 6 12:41:33 CST 2014

On 6 Dec 2014 at 10:13, Rudy Severns wrote:

> Hi Ken, sounds interesting!
>
> I looked at VOACAP years ago but hadn't given it a thought for a very long
> time.

There is at least one website dedicated to VOACAP. From that site, it looks
pretty formidable and when I first went there and read about it, I decided it
was too complicated for me to bother with.

Then, later, since I had to begin using digital means to handle some traffic, I
downloaded and installed Airmail. Airmail included with it all of that part of
VOACAP which was most valuable for my/our uses.

I was amazed at what was there and how well it worked. It worked much
better, was faster, and more accurate than W6ELPROP, which I had been
using up until then.

>  Results for 160 and 630m would be very helpful.

OK. I'll get it set up for anyone who might find it useful, as soon as possible.

I am still not too sure of its total accuracy, but it will certainly give us some
valuable info until I get it "tweaked" properly, if, in fact, it needs it.

Ken W7EKB