[600MRG] WSPR so far - GREAT Band after all

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 05:17:34 CDT 2014

Good morning Gentlemen:

I did actually get about 5 hours of sleep... hi - hi .. I woke up early, so I checked WSPR
to find that it had stopped uploading spots after I told the program to save all .wav files ...
A bit aggravating, but no problem, I'll manually upload all the spots in a bit..
The storms died down, and the band has gone long, and wide open !!
Nice to be decoding John - VE7BDQ for the first time, and Rudy - XSH/20 has hit as high
as -4 SNr and has been audible here a few times.. Even the CW !! It kinda blew right past
me, but I heard it.. And ! have the audio file that WSPR saved.. With no noise makers
going in the house, I also discovered that I can hear lower than I thought.. I have been
hearing XSH/20, and XKA's carriers at -16 SNr " thru the PC speakers ", a pair of cans
might let me detect even lower ... This has been a fascinating couple of nights, but the
noise will be back later today..
Hope everyone has a great day ; 73 from TN.

Andy - KU4XR