[600MRG] XIQ and XJM CW in EM75xr

Eric NO3M no3m at no3m.net
Sat Aug 30 15:06:56 CDT 2014

For anyone interested in info on the Hartley John mentioned, see here:
http://no3m.net/index.php?page=630m-hartley

It is running an 811 (not 811A) that I just picked up from a local
hamfest last weekend.  At the moment, it is driving my SB-1000 for 500W
TPO to overcome QRN (Hartley MOPA!).

I am also working on a push-pull TPTG (tuned-plate tuned-grid) OT rig.
Latest pic of the rig being tested as a parallel pair of 809s:
http://no3m.net/uploads/images/tptg/tptg-v2.jpg

As far as the recorded CW.... I was checking things out while John's
WSPR transmission was completing, kind of amusing myself.  Key is a 1962
Vibroplex Champion.  I was laying the swing on pretty heavy in that
audio clip.  I generally try to send more "straight" CW when in QSO, as
the swing tends to make non-OT ops sea-sick!  However, it is actually
less tiring on the fist and fun to "banana boat".

73 Eric NO3M / WG2XJM