[600MRG] WSPR Overnight in TN

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 06:09:51 CDT 2014

I forgot to mention XKA in the previous post.. He was my first decode last night, and I
see a total of 56 reported decodes from John, with the best SNr reaching -13 , on 3 TX's,
in a 2 hour window.. He was just under what I need to " Hear By Ear " , it usually takes
-12 for me to start hearing a signal audibly, and -10 for easy copy.. XKA may have been
audible, but I'll never know because I was sleeping... hi -hi
I use the term " reported " decodes because there are many, clearly visible signal traces
in the waterfall, that for reasons unknown to me, do not decode.. This happens quiet a
lot.. I use Spec Lab for the waterfall, and feed it's audio into WSPR-X.. Could be that
Spec Lab is just very sensitive in the QRSS setting, and can " see " what WSPR can't
" hear " .. Just my best guess at it, I really have no other clue..

73 again.. It's off to work now :

Andy - KU4XR