[600MRG] An interesting receiver....

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Aug 9 12:59:44 CDT 2014

On 9 Aug 2014 at 10:23, Rudy Severns wrote:

> My, my, you do have a stash of interesting junque!  That looks like
> something you would have used to track the phase of Omega signals and also
> for VLF propagation studies.
>
> 73, Rudy

Actually, since the Omega signals began at 100 KHz, this receiver, as it
states in the manual, was specifically designed to ignore Omega.

It was designed specifically to provide accurate time and frequency
sources for other purposes.

I have had them for a long time, but only recently began to investigate
them.

I am quite surprised at their specifications. Apparently, the same
receiver was continually updated and even now there is a version for sale
on eBay for over $1K.

Ken W7EKB