[600MRG] An interesting receiver....

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Aug 8 22:28:26 CDT 2014

I have been working to get all my various "junque" sorted, inventoried,
labeled and ready to sell or refurbish.

Today, I found three Tracor Phase Tracking model 599 receivers (one is
labeled R-1086/URR), and one RMS Engineering Inc Phase Tracking
Receiver Model 1312.

I also found and downloaded a three-part manual for a slightly later model
Tracor 599J.

The Tracor receivers are frequency synthesized, tune from 5 Khz through
99.95 KHz in 50 Hz steps (usable down to 3 KHz), sensitivity is specified to
0.01 microvolt from 3 KHz through 30 KHz, and 0.02 microvolts from 30
through 99.95 KHz, 40 Hz selectivity, have 130 db dynamic range, and input
impedance is 50 ohms.

I was surprised.

I don't have a manual for the RMS Engineering 1312, but am hoping
someone here might have one.

Kenneth G. Gordon W7EKB

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."--- John   Wayne