[600MRG] Lossy XPQ

Laurence KL7 L hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:58:08 CDT 2014

Ill run it for a few nights on the Marconi John - Im sure its just conditions up here especially given the season but the attenuation due an "event" can take some time to get back to normal (what ever that is) - what clears up after a day or two even in Seattle can take a week up here  -  at first measurements it appears the Marconi is slightly down on "the loop in the forest" but its a close thing looking here at 35 miles away and the analyser is averaging the 16 wpm against the QRSS6 I was testing against before and that takes a couple of dBs off the top, and Im 3dB from full power too  - nice thing is that I can have the loop back up in about 1 hour and that would be my preferential antennae as its so benign in tuning, still high Q but not so much "V" floating around. -

I can hear the CW signal inside the car for the majority of the 50 mile road commute using the PL600  SSB portable and probably a 559 here with it on the window ledge in the centre of the city at 35 mile path.

Sorry about the lightning - used to be very rare up here in town but were are getting more and more over the last couple of years. Common in the interior of Alaska during the summer....

Cheers

Laurence